At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest crane vessels and with them we transport, install, and remove offshore structures for the offshore energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
As a Structural Engineer you will provide structural support for studies, tenders commercial projects and internal business development products. You will be assigned to one of the Business Units: Transport & Installation, Decommissioning, Wind, or placed within our Strategy and Development department. You will have the opportunity to go offshore on our vessels and see your designs and work in action, supporting our fleet with anything that requires a bright technical mind and pro-active attitude. As a Structural Engineer, your daily activities include:
- Perform concept and detailed design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements and steel structures, such as lifting appliances, lift points, lift arrangements and grillage and seafastening;
- Perform structural hand calculations and prepare professional design reports;
- Perform structural strength verification analyses, by use of software packages such as SACS and ABAQUS;
- Perform quality control review on deliverables (structural reports and drawings) prepared by colleagues, sub-contractors and third parties;
- Work in close collaboration with project teams with focus on safety, constructability and operational limits.
Who will you work with?
As a Structural Engineer you can be assigned to one of the business units (Wind, Decommissioning or Transport and Installation). The objective of the Business Unit Wind is to drive the global energy transition by bringing Heerema Marine Contractors’ experience to the offshore wind industry. The objective of the Business Unit Decom is to remove offshore installations safely and predictably. This is what Heerema has been doing for over thirty years. For our Business Unit Transport and Installation, we transport and installs offshore structures in a safe, cost effective and sustainable manner.