At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world's largest crane vessels and with them we transport, install and remove offshore structures for the offshore energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and gas platforms and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an important part in our unique maritime adventure.
As Specialist Technical Superintendent Cranes your primary responsibility is the maintenance and operation of large floating cranes coordinated. It is your responsibility to manage all aspects of crane related maintenance, repairs and modifications and you guarantee optimum conditions of these cranes in which they fulfill all legal and operational criteria. Furthermore you advise the Equipment Manager of the vessel in the field of cranes.
As Technical Superintendent Cranes, your daily activities are:
- Providing input for the integrated R&M strategy and the budgeting process for R&M and investments, regarding the cranes;
- Developing procedures and instructions for cranes consistent with the company's Management System;
- Preparing and submitting requisitions and executing approved budgets;
- Planning and preparing dedicated crane specifications and budgets for R&M, life time extension programs, investments, modifications and special projects;
- Providing complete, fit for purpose and reliable technical and related financial input in tenders and projects;
- Ensuring early involvement and close cooperation with Procurement on commercial aspects with suppliers and subcontractors;
- Ensuring and monitoring optimal crane performance;
- Ensuring the availability of Crane equipment in optimal condition, meeting Class conditions and operational criteria in a cost efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Developing and maintaining and optimal relation with relevant suppliers and subcontractors to ascertain adequate support;
- Assisting the Equipment Manager with planning for R&M and Equipment Investment programs to limit critical maintenance time;
- Ensuring of adequate filing and validity of crane certificates and technical documentation in line with applicable rules and regulations;
- Ensuring alignment of cranes know-how over the assets;
- Contributing to the company's development on technical know-how and capabilities.
Who will you work with?
As Technical Superintendent Mechanical you are part of the Equipment Department, that is led by the General Manager Equipment. You will report directly to one of the vessel Equipment Manager The whole department consist of about 25 colleagues.