On a daily basis, you will be leading a project team of enthusiastic engineering professionals. Your responsibilities will include planning, coordination and control of assigned work and definition of required resources and competences for your own people and subcontractors. You have an important role in developing offshore execution methods for offshore renewable projects and the nomination of required equipment. You will think about the concept, basic and detailed design of lifting arrangements, define marine engineering scopes and guide logistical assessment.
Furthermore, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing subcontractor Scope of Works and coordinate these during the project phase;
- Checking quality performance of the project including developing and delivering the project deliverables on time and within budget;
- Being the focal point to the Client and arranging progress reports;
- Documenting and completing change/variation orders;
- Organizing and documenting the project closeout;
- Evaluating the finalized work and learning from it. Actively implement improvements in the process and quality of the work.
- Coaching role in line management for (younger) engineers.
You will be working in a team of skilled and passionate colleagues. Together with your team, you will analyze and validate future offshore installation assets, equipment and methodologies. You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Is this the job for you?
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of 10 years experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of engineering offshore projects or equivalent;
- A detailed understanding of Heerema Engineering Solutions’ engineering capabilities to win, prepare and execute projects;
- Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Supervisory and coaching skills to provide guidance to other engineers;
Heerema Engineering Solutions has:
An informal working environment where fun and work go hand in hand. HES is committed to providing a working environment of trust and inclusivity. We execute projects as a team, supporting each other where possible. We focus on your growth by allowing you to be exposed to new activities and challenges from an early stage. HES is dedicated to a Net Zero world and a sustainable environment.
Agency applications will not be considered.