At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest crane vessels and with them we transport, install, and remove offshore structures for the offshore energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
You will have the opportunity to go offshore on our vessels and see your designs and work in action, supporting our fleet with anything that requires a bright technical mind and pro-active attitude. You have a learning mindset. You are open to feedback, curious and eager to learn. You are enterprising at heart, have a pioneer’s spirit and take control of your own work and development. Your daily tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Design steel structures such as grillage and sea fastening and everything that is needed for a cross-Atlantic journeys on our barges, tugs and crane vessels or on chartered HLVs;
- Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements;
- Design lifting appliances, frames, spreaderbars and lift points;
- Perform structural hand calculations, utilize structural analysis software and prepare professional design reports;
- You work in close collaboration with the project teams keeping in mind operation limits and the right procedure to execute the job;
- Be a reliable partner to the project teams by keeping stakeholders informed and look ahead to identify bottlenecks;
- Review structural deliverables (construction reports and drawings);
- Perform quality control on deliverables prepared by colleagues but also of subcontractors/third parties; Contribute to a continuous improving and learning organization by i.e. actively sharing knowledge and experiences and identifying and providing follow up to subjects for improvement.
Who will you work with?
Structural engineers are the cornerstone of every project in the HMC business units of Wind, T&I or Decommissioning. You will learn the ropes and contribute in our diverse portfolio of projects, tenders, studies and developments. You will tackle challenges which have never been done before and optimize our ways of working by creating sustainable value in finding solutions for re-using equipment and materials.