At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest crane vessels and with them we transport, install and remove offshore structures for the offshore energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
As Business Controller, you are one of the key figures within the Operations and Equipment department and you perform internal financial analysis and monitor budget and forecast. You prepare yearly forecasts, you take ownership for correct cost allocation to projects and you perform analysis on all operating OPEX and CAPEX (Operations, Crewing, Departmental, Maintenance, Replacements). You are responsible for monthly financial management information, in which you need to gather, combine and interpret information from different disciplines.
Who will you work with?
Your team will consist of Jeroen, Thijs and many others. You will work closely with the Operations & Equipment department and it will be your job to:
- Complete the monthly financial close process including analytical review of the variances;
- Prepare yearly budgets and related financial reporting and provide management with periodic accurate information to reach their targets as set in yearly budgets;
- Review, update and develop forecasting methods for various cost types to improve and maintain high quality forecasts. Ensuring jointly with Budget Holders, optimum administration and insight in costs per cost type and assets;
- Provide ad hoc reporting as required by the Operations & Equipment department / Lead Asset Control;
- Prepare the annual close-out and related statutory and consolidated balance statements for Fixed Assets and Inventory;