At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest crane vessels and with them we transport, install, and remove offshore structures for the offshore energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
You will be exposed to a variety of projects modeling technical products for offshore operations. You will be assigned to the Animation & Simulation teams supporting all programs and creativity requiring low poly modeling and detailed UV texturing of the models. Your design skills are expected in polishing your work. Your daily tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Creating new 3D models as well as work on existing 3D models for our Simulation Center, drawing office, visualizations and designs;
- Modeling and Materialize in 3DS max;
- Working together with project designers and engineers;
- Creating visualizations for animations, in-house and/or client presentations and desktop publishing purposes;
- Solving and/or support the technical challenges in Concept Design;
- Creating 3D simulations for installation procedures with Heerema’s vessels.
Who will you work with?
Together with colleagues and clients, our engineers work in dedicated multi discipline project teams in order to provide constructive and workable solutions for these technically challenging projects. As engineers, we know that good ideas often are technical and complex. These good ideas need to be communicated via a clear visualization. In order to support our visual design team we are looking for a creative and inventive 3D modeler and texture design intern.