At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest crane vessels and with them we transport, install, and remove offshore structures for the offshore energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
As a (Senior) Engineer – Decommissioning you provide technical work preparation services for product development, studies, tenders and projects, on removal related scopes. You are a member the Business Unit Decommissioning. Your tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop offshore execution methods for offshore projects, selection of required equipment, concept and detail design of lifting arrangements etc.;
- Perform engineering, technical project preparation and execution support of offshore projects, i.e. removal projects;
- Prepare methods and select equipment for the hook-down of platforms (separation of modules, structural reinforcements, installation of lifting points) in preparation for the removal of these platforms;
- Review and organize review of internal and external deliverables (drawings, reports and procedures);
- Prepare and coordinate subcontractor Scope of Works.
Who will you work with?
As a Senior Engineer Decommissioning you will work for the business unit Decommissioning at our office in Leiden.