At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. With the world’s largest crane vessels, we transport, install and dismantle offshore wind platforms and ultra-heavy offshore platforms, taking to ever-deeper waters in increasingly isolated locations and amidst exceptional weather conditions. By joining our office or fleet, you can also play your part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
You are responsible for maintaining the vessel’s electrical installations and/or project-related equipment. You will work together with and guide the Second and Assistant Electricians and you report to the Chief Electrician.
As First Marine Electrical Specialist, your daily activities are:
- Maintaining equipment and electrical systems according to the maintenance program in the machine room, on the bridge (DP computers and systems, satellite systems etc.) below deck in the accommodation (air conditioning, lifts), in the galley, on the cranes, diverse on-deck equipment (fork-lift trucks, offshore impact hammers etc.) and the safety and lifesaving equipment;
- Detecting, reporting and solving electrical malfunctions in systems, circuits and equipment;
- Guiding subcontractors with troubleshooting and carrying out repairs to electrical systems;
- Assisting during construction work by operating electrical systems and providing facilities;
- Implementing and testing new systems;
- Supervising and giving input on the performance of electrical engineering staff such as the Second Ship's Electricians, Junior Ship's Electricians and interns;
- Conducting Job Safety Analyses and Toolbox talks.
Who will you work with?
As Marine Electrical Specialist 1 you are responsible for the watch and keeping the electrical installations and systems on a Heerema Marine Contractors vessel in optimal condition.